Up your toastie game with this decadent cheese and tomato toastie! A healthy helping of Nola Reduced Oil Salad Dressing is used to bind mozzarella and cheddar cheeses together for the toastie topping, with marinated tomatoes added at the end.
Twisted Cheese and Tomato Toastie
Recipe yield: 1 x main course
Equipment: Frying pan, oven
Cooking temperature: Hot
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking/setting time: 5 minutes
125ml NOLA Reduced Oil Salad Dressing
40g cheddar cheese grated
40g mozzarella cheese grated
70g cherry tomatoes
1g dried herbs
2 slices activated charcoal bread toasted or bread of your choice
Rocket for garnish
- Mix the cheesy melt ingredients together.
- In a separate bowl mix the salt, sugar & dried herbs together.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and marinate for half an hour.
- Toast the charcoal bread, add the cheesy melt mix over the bread & bake in hot oven (180°C) until fully melted. Scatter the tomatoes on top, garnish with rocket & serve.
- Use cheesy melt as a topping over baked potato or over steak
- Add bacon, egg & grilled mushrooms for a breakfast treat