Chock-full of umami flavours, this sandwich not only features slices of rump steak but it also showcases an innovative mushroom spread made with Nola Reduced Oil Salad Dressing – delicious!
Steak and Shroom Sarmie
Recipe yield: 1x main course
Equipment: Grill pan, toaster
Cooking temperature: Hot
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cooking/setting time: 7 – 10 minutes
2 slices health bread toasted (or bread of your choice)
75g rump steak cooked to your liking & sliced
50g roasted julienne peppers
Small bunch rocket washed
Mushroom Spread (makes 300ml)
250g portabello mushrooms
250ml NOLA Reduced Oil Salad Dressing
Salt & pepper to taste
- In a pan, fry the mushrooms in a little oil until cooked through, golden brown & no liquid remaining. Season with salt & pepper. Add the NOLA Reduced Oil Salad Dressing & puree with a stick blender until smooth.
- Keep refrigerated.
- To serve: On plate, place the toasted health bread, spread desired amount of Mushroom spread generously on the bread, add rocket, steak and roasted peppers on top. Garnish with pan fried Portabello mushrooms.
- Replace steak with grilled chicken breast
- Use the mushroom spread as a base on bread for a vegetable sandwich
- Use as a topping on baked potato