With a zesty dressing to bring it all together, this dish is a definite crowd-pleaser. Swap the salmon out for beef or chicken if you’re so inclined – all three proteins go perfectly well with the flavour-packed slaw.
Funky Asian Slaw
Recipe yield: 1x light main course
Cooking temperature: 180°C
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking/setting time: 6 minutes
20g red cabbage shredded
30g white cabbage shredded
25g carrots peeled & julienne
6g spring onions sliced
5g mint & coriander shredded
10g onions finely sliced & deep fried
Lime, Chilli, Ginger Dressing (makes 250ml)
250ml NOLA Reduced Oil Salad Dressing
Juice & zest of one lime
10g fresh ginger finely chopped
1 red pepper deseeded & finely chopped
60g Norwegian salmon
Black & white sesame seeds to coat
- Deep fry the onions until golden & crispy & set aside. Mix the rest of the salad ingredients together in a bowl.
- Mix the dressing ingredients together & allow to stand for 30 minutes for the flavours to infuse. Add the desired amount of dressing to the coleslaw, mix & set aside.
- Add a little oil to the salmon, coat in the sesame seeds & pan fry until browned on the outside & pink on the inside.
- To serve: Place the Asian slaw on the plate, top with crispy onion & place grilled salmon on the side of the salad.
- Replace the salmon with beef strips or grilled chicken fillet